The 2008 election introduced the term “Walmart Mom.” Identified as a key swing demographic, Walmart Moms have the numbers and potential to shape an election’s outcome.
This mid-term election season, research firms Public Opinion Strategies and Momentum Analysis conducted a bipartisan survey designed to revisit the Walmart Mom and find out how she’s faring economically as the recession continues, how that is impacting her political behaviors and — more importantly — why she still matters.
- Read an analysis of the survey’s findings.
- Download survey responses by question.
News coverage of the Walmart Moms survey
- The Daily Caller, June 23, 2010
- The Atlantic Wire, June 22, 2010
- Politico, June 22, 2010
- Washington Post, June 22, 2010
- Financial Times, July 9, 2010
- USA Today, August 9, 2010
- St. Louis Beacon, September 16, 2010
- stloday.com, September 17, 2010
- Kansas City Star, September 17, 2010
- National Journal, September 21, 2010
- Washington Post, September 22, 2010
- National Review Online, September 22, 2010